We are a family-owned and operated company. We build in-ground swimming pools in the Waco, Texas area. Getting a pool installed? We go the extra mile to make sure we not only use the best products but that they’re installed with the highest construction standards. We offer you free water testing and chemical balancing services with the purchase of your pool.
Meet the Owner
Jerry was a home contractor for many years, which taught him a thing or 2 about learning how to satisfy homeowners. It also gave him a broader perspective on the importance of integration in the backyard, with drainage, electrical requirements, the flow of activity around pools, and the placement of patios and out-buildings.
Actively working around swimming pools since 2002, Jerry has always been the guy that other people would turn to when they needed help to diagnose and repair subpar workmanship issues. Jerry was the “problem solver” guy to tackle challenges when everyone else was stuck.
It’s not at all unusual to see Jerry involved in any or all of the following on a particular job:
- Form and pour concrete
- Wire a home
- Frame a house
- Bricklayer for few years (this come in handy around pools)
- Plumb a home
- Install metal roofing
- Run excavator
- Fix an automobile. (He was a mechanic early on.)
- Run skid steer
Jerry is well-versed with Pool Studio 3-D design software, which is quite handy when it comes to visual aid and design. He’s also a big fan of robotic cleaners (particularly the Dolphin line from Maytronics) because of their simplicity, low cost, efficiency and reliability.
A hard working guy, Jerry has been married for more than 30 years. 7 children and 2+ grandchildren (more on the way), he likes to spend his free time with his family.
Associations and Certifications
Swim Planet Pools & Spas is proud to be a member in good standing with all of the following organizations:
BBB – “Better Business Bureau”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau